Tectonic Labs ( private ) limited is looking for the professional DBA with below Job description. If you’re dedicated and ambitious, Tectonic technologies (private) limited is an excellent place to grow your career.
Please read through the job description carefully and apply by sending your resume to email@example.com
DBA Job Description
The DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical MySQL, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modeling in support of multiple development teams. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
Skills and Qualifications
- Manage MySQL databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24×7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Provide guidance and support to Application Developers
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related information technology field
- 3+ years MySQL Server Administration experience required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MySQL
- Experience with Linux environments
- Shell Scripting Skills
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure) a plus